Introduction to UbiOps¶
UbiOps is a flexible, powerful and modern backend for data driven applications. The platform offers you a feature rich deployment and serving layer for your data science code, models and scripts.
UbiOps takes care of the containerization of your code, deploying it as a microservice, request handling and automatic scaling. Included are features and services for creating dataflows, version management, job scheduling, monitoring, security and governance.
More information about UbiOps
For more information about the platform and our services, take a look at our main website.
UbiOps is built around the following core components:
- Deployments Deployments are the objects in UbiOps that serve a user's Python code. They can receive requests through the UbiOps API to transform input data into output data.
Pipelines are sequences of Deployments. In a pipeline, a user can connect the output of a deployment to other deployments. Pipelines can receive requests like deployments. UbiOps will manage the data flow.
The best way to learn about UbiOps is to start using it. We made several tutorials to get you started:
- The Deployment quickstart shows you everything you need to know about how to deploy and serve your code on UbiOps.
- The Pipeline quickstart shows how to define and run a dataflow in UbiOps consisting of several Deployments.
Managing Projects, Users and Permissions¶
Every UbiOps user is part of an organization. An organization can have one or multiple projects. These projects contain resources like deployments and pipelines. See Organizations & Identity Management to learn more.
Within a project you can also create service users to obtain API Tokens to authenticate with the UbiOps API.
Roles can be assigned to both users and service users to manage permissions on various levels. For instance to grant or revoke access to projects and resources. To learn more about assigning permissions and roles, see Permissions and roles.
Interacting with UbiOps¶
There are multiple ways to interact with the UbiOps platform:
- There is the WebApp which provides an easy way of managing and deploying your resources.
- If you need to programmatically interact with our platform, it is possible to do so via the API.
- Our Client libraries or Command Line Interface offer an easy way of interacting with the API and add integrations with UbiOps to your applications.
All of these options offer access to the same functionality. You could, for example, create a new project using the Command Line Interface and edit it afterwards using the WebApp.